Hello There!!!!

Hello Lovelies,

It has been a really long time since I had written something on this blog...what can I say or what excuses can I give except that the issues of life got me and zapped me to a busy place where life almost passed me like a whirlwind....Heck, it still feels like that but I felt a sense of nostalgia when going through my old posts and I had to do another one.

It is the festive period once again and Christmas was just last week. Thus, I hope it is not too late to send you best wishes for the holidays!!!
The year 2015 will be over in a couple of days ushering in 2016 amidst pomp and glory. At the end of every year, I tend to reflect over my life in the current year and see how much of my goals were achieved. Looking back at all that happened, I must say that although it didn't go as perfect as I planned, some beautiful things still happened in my life which makes me smile and give glory to God. These are:
  • The love of my family and friends: I had so many memories; the fun, the tears, the gists. With them I have got to know that there are friends who truly stand up for each other and gives a meaning to the verse that 'A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother' - Proverbs 18:24. They have made me more trusting of people and also caused me to see the beauty in every ugliness.
  • My puppy named Kirby. He came after a breakup and has been a source of joy ever since. He is even licking my leg as I type this which also makes me smile.
  • The pure and everlasting love of God who has brought me out of the miry clay and set my feet on a rock. To him, I would be eternally grateful.


For 2016, I have resolved to take things less seriously with a day at a time kinda living. I have also decided to take better care of my body by exercising regularly and getting the 6 packs ( ok, maybe 4)  I have always dreamt to have. I also hope to meet the 'ONE' not those types I have met this year which even reminds me of one who was blowing up my phone for show tickets instead of being a good 'toaster' (gist for another day *winks*). I have also decided not to settle for less and be more open to people. 


I have said some of my thoughts for 2016.....What are yours? Please share....


Have a wonderful new year!!!!!!

Love and Light always.........................

Drey

No comments:

Post a Comment