Value and The Little Things

I woke up from a weird dream today and a picture on Instagram my friend tagged me in, which got me thinking.

How well do you value things or people around you?


It was set in a grandeur traditional wedding.  The couple were from rich homes and the bride, an epitome of beauty. The wedding ceremony was done in the palace-like house of the bride and it was a joyous occasion for both families. I cried when they played Nel Oliver Song  "baby girl".         
(Side Note: it is one of my songs in my unplanned wedding, dear husband do and come ooooo). 


Fast forward to the end of the wedding, I do not know how the scarf and shoes of the bride fell off and I picked them with the intention of returning them to her. Please note that these items were very expensive and cost a fortune (if na naija, d babe for don run with the shoe for the next owambe as a lagos sharp babe, anyways I digress). 

So I carried my two left legs to the bride house (don't know how I saw my crush as the babe brother oooo...but I went past him as a coded babe.hain!!!), gave the babe her shoes and she thanked me saying she was even surprised I brought the items as they were of little value to her and she could have easily bought another one, flinging them in a corner. I was shocked to say the least, see me thinking that she would have cried her eyes out due to the sentimental value of the items. If you see the look on my face, you would feel pity for me as I carried the matter on my head like igbo man carrying 4 bags of rice on a market day.

Turned out she treated her husband and everyone around her in the same manner and the marriage packed up. Please, don't ask me how my dream got this long, even I am surprised I remember these details. 

Question of the day is "how do you value the things in your life no matter how little?" Even people around you, do they feel used or undervalued?  Show someone how much you love them today.....

I have said my own....Now off to find that crush *winks*....

XOXO

Love and Light

2 comments:

  1. Lol! So many things are undervalued now sadly. I make an effort to be appreciative of the people in my life. Hopefully they all feel valued.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is really sad. Even I am trying to make a concious effort to show my loved ones that I value them for being in my life.

      Delete