Stint with Finger Coils

Recently, I have been carrying my hair out since I did not feel the need to make braids or weaves. I thought about trying the finger coils after seeing how that of the Kink and I's turned out.

I must say that it can be a time consuming style to do (it took me 2.5 hours to complete), so it is best to start in the morning so you have the rest of the day for your hair to dry up.
 























Once dried, it is a relatively easy style to carry. I just used my scarf at night, spritzed the coils with water, sealed with olive oil and I am done for the day.



Due to the kinky nature of our hair, it is also advisable to carry the style for about 2 weeks as it is easy to matte and turn to dreads.

When removing the coils, apply your conditioner and gently de-tangle the coils. Mine took about 30 minutes and I lost minimal amount of hair *yippee*.

So tell me what you think about the finger coils and if it is something you can also try out.

XOXO

Love and Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment