The Dress

Hello Guys,

It has been a minute. How is Lagos and hustling? We thank God for his mercies.

Let me gist you about a dress I recently made.


Lately, I rarely sew dresses (all thanks to the rising cost of aso-ebi and the cut-throat charges by the tailors *sorry designers*). However, a colleague in the office was getting married and it was kinda compulsory for everyone in the department to attend. So I whipped out a material gifted to me by yemisi for sewing  a dress.

Deciding on the style was a bit tasking as I wanted a simple dress without the works not like those seen around currently where it looks like there is a fashion contest with the bride ( those elaborate ones with the train looking like it is sweeping all my sins away). I later settled for a style I saw on instagram.

The designer made the style and i was pleased with the results. I was already seeing myself in the dress on saturday with my gele looking all gorgeous.

How I felt after my dress fitting
Saturday came and I got ready for my party. After makeup and gele, I wore my dress only to hear a rip behind when I bent down. Alas it was my zip. I was so angry and dismayed that all my efforts has been brought to naught. Some might even say it is the evil forces at work. I immediately entered my car wearing a day dress with my gele on and drove to the designer's shop where she changed the zip with many apologies. I almost cried.

Finally, the amended dress was ready by past 3 pm and i got to the wedding by 4:30 pm.Though most of the guests had gone, I still danced and took some selfies with some friends.
The Dress 



It got me thinking. The joy of a wedding  Saturday can be marred by a simple wardrobe malfuntion. I cringe when I think of that incident happening at the wedding..Kai!!!!

Makeup & Gele by me. Yippee!!!

One word of advice. Shine your eye when choosing a fashion designer!!!

Love & Light,

Drey 

No comments:

Post a Comment