Heat-free Stretching on Nigerian Hair

Hey Lovelies,

How is your week coming up? Hope it is going on well. The hustle in Lagos is very real but we pray that the good Lord continue to bless our efforts always. Currently, I am on a break from work to concentrate on studying for my exams coming up this weekend.

Over time, I have been reading about heat-free methods to stretch natural hair. Although I would definitely want to try the silk-press method on my hair in the future, I am all about heat-free methods currently.
Hair freshly washed...Ignore the lip stain *sideeye*

So after my wash day, I used the normal yarn thread (used in sewing clothes) on the hair. I sectioned my hair into different parts, detangled the hair and applied my leave in conditioner with olive oil .

Threaded Hair

  After threading the hair, I used some more thread to pat down the hair for my wig cap to stay during the day and work hours. After, a couple of days, I took down the thread and combed my hair. Voila!! I could not believe the length of my hair as you can see.




Stretched Hair


I would definitely be using the threading method to stretch my hair in the future as it was better to manage. I was able to comb through the hair without any shredding as against when it is unstretched. Also, it makes styling better especially before braiding the hair or putting it in cornrows.

Try it and give me feedback on what your thoughts are on threading as against using a blowdryer to stretch the hair.

Love & Light.

Drey

No comments:

Post a Comment