My Experience in Making Coconut Oil

Hello Lovelies,

How are you guys doing? The novelty of the new year has worn off and we are back to reality facing the challenges as they come. However, we are not to worry as it would not increase the number of hair on our head but putting things into God's hands and depending on him as a child depends on his father is key this period.

So, part of my goals this year is to take better care of my body and get a six(6) pack stomach. To achieve this, I have decided to adopt a low carb / paleo diet which involves reduce eating carbohydrate foods and increasing my fat/protein diet.

Due to the economic situation in the country, I wanted to make my own coconut oil. I read the recipe online and proceeded to make my own oil for cooking.

I bought 10 medium sized coconut which I cut into smaller pieces.
Cut into bits
Next, they were blended using my smoothie maker and the milk was squeezed out.
Cream gotten
I blended them again to get as much as I can (as a Nigerian girl).

The milk gotten was put in the fridge and left overnight. By morning, it has separated with a creamy potion floating on the water.

I started boiling the cream gotten. This was done for 2 days as I had to go to work.

Boiling process


Oil already forming
Conclusion: My coconut oil making process was an epic fail because I over cooked the oil which burnt it. I was so sad after the process due to the number of hours and effort I put in but I have decided to look at the bright side which is the coconut chaff which would be used to make coconut flour....

Let me know your experiences during your attempt.

Love and light always

No comments:

Post a Comment