An Ode to #Hurtbae

Hey Lovelies,

How has your week been? Mine has been like a whirlwind and boy!! am I glad that it is Friday, although my weekend is already packed full with book stuff (guess, the life of a scholar never ends).

One of the interesting things I encountered this week was the #hurtbae series where in Exes confronted each other on their past. Apparently, the guy cheated on the girl (with plenty girls kpa kpa...There is God ooo). It was quite emotional especially on the part of the girl. As for the guy, I really have no words because he was so nonchalant and cold that I even had cause to reason if he was ever in love or even in 'like' with the girl.


As someone that has been in this position before, I tend to understand how it must feel for the girl especially when the person you are in love with cheats on you whether emotionally or otherwise. Heartbreak feels like being stabbed by a dagger in your heart by the one person you trust the most whilst looking at you straight in the eye. It can be a lonely journey with no end in sight and plenty nights. However, one thing you should know is that there is always a light at the end of the tunnel. Do not be afraid to cry out, listen to that soapy music, get the support of friends and family, have that person/people that can also listen to you rant or offer their shoulder when you cry.

Although it hurts, I think it is never too late to take a stand against constant disrespect and abuse. It diminishes your value in the eyes of your significant other. I can only imagine how many times the lady must have caught him cheating and forgiven him, only to be asked by him to walk out after she caught him red-handed with another chick. That is a very low point which I would not wish for my frenemies.

It is also key not to lose hope in finding love again as it is so easy to fall off the edge. Someone would definitely make you see why it didn't work out with anyone else.

How was heartbreak like for you guys? What did you do to climb over that wall unto the sunny side? Let me know

Have a lovely weekend guys.

Love & Light.

No comments:

Post a Comment