Jamaican Food are us!!!

Hello Lovelies,

How are things going with you guys? Hope the sun is shining down on you as compared to the gloomy times of last year. I heard the best news today that the dollar to Naira is N380. I hope the rate would go further down and make life is easier for all of us.

For those who know me, they know I love food..not like oo..I LOVE FOOD and trying out new cuisines. One of the things I promised myself this year was to take myself out more and enjoy life to the fullest, this involves also going to new restaurants and trying their menus. I would be sharing my experiences with you guys even though it is not helping my fitfam life.

Image result wey dey for foodie gif


During the week, after closing from work. Man was so famished that we had to grab a bite but I wanted to try something new so I convinced (the right word was coerced) my friend to go with me to Jamski Restaurant.  I have always wanted to try out Jamaican food especially with the opening of Jamo-Afrique and Mango Room. However, Jamski was not far from my workplace and that night was the perfect opportunity to try it out.












There were actual Jamaicans in the place as I thought that the food might be cooked by a Nigeria skilled in cooking Jamaican food (you know we are jack of all trade). We were attended to by Mr. Emmanuel who is half Nigerian and his service was impeccable (shout-out to him).

I loved these cute plants...Nice


I tried out the Oxtail sauce while my friend tried out the Goat Curry. Both comes with side dish of Rice & Peas and Plantain. I liked the fact that the plantain was fried like we do at home as against the style of cutting in cubes and frying it ( I think most Yorubas fry their plantain in this way).

Oxtail Sauce

Goat Curry (peep the Pineapple juice at the corner)
The meat was incredibly tender (falling off the bone)  and the rice & peas served as the perfect compliment to the sauce. the same review was also given by my friend (who unlike me is more skeptical of trying new food). The pineapple drink (with ginger) was also given a thumbs up and it was actual juice (not packaged juice).

Overall, I enjoyed the place and would definitely come back. It is also relatively cheap.

PS: They also do deliveries and they have an open bar on Fridays. I would also try that out.

Location: 8A Ologun Agbaje Street, Victoria Island, Lagos

Parking: Street parking is available

Love & Light always

No comments:

Post a Comment