Twist to Twist Outs on TWA

Hey Guys,

Hope your week is coming up great so far. Mine has been good, just a few things here and there.

Last week, I shared with you how I did my twists out with pictures showing the various ways I styled them during the week. Well, I decided to add a twist to the twist outs. This time I decided on doing two strand twist and using perm rods as I read this would make the curls pop and stay longer.


I started with doing a henna treatment which was to help with my high porosity (to know your hair porosity click here). After co-washing, I applied a leave in conditioner and sealed in the moisture with essential oils inclusive of Shea butter. I then did my hair into two strand twists which I rolled with perm rods. Please note that your hair needs to be wet while twisting and the application of a styling gel like Eco Styler would help to keep the curls. Watch how to do it below.

My observation was that it took a really long time for the hair to dry as mine took two days (had to wear a wig to work so I can cover the perm rods , as I don't want to turn up like the 'iya' in the market).

Find below the pictures the first day I took them out, I think my office ( I work in a bank) and colleagues are just tired of me with my different styles that they hardly comment anymore and just me the the 'oh, she is a naturalista' look.
The white stuff is the styler

Dried Twists
Trying to pout


Tell me what you think and if you would be willing to try it out. I would post more picture as the week goes by to show how the style stayed.

No comments:

Post a Comment